Monday, November 7, 2011

City Park, pre-makeover

A special get away from the city is tucked away into City Park. It is home to the amazing New Orleans Museum of Art, Storyland, Celebration in the Oaks (formerly known as Christmas in the Oaks), stables, and much much more. City Park is an invaluable part of us. Hurricane Katrina raked so much damage all throughout, but volunteers worked hard to piece this place back to being better than it was before. Now, I get to take my children there to generate beautiful family moments. One day, I hope to enjoy it with my grandchildren, and I can show them where their parents use to play.

These photos were taken at the old community center, which is (well, obviously) destroyed.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...