Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful for...

With so much focus already on Christmas, did you even know that Thanksgiving was happening so soon? I might be one of the few people in the U.S. who truly enjoy and look forward to being with family for Thanksgiving. It's always crazy and exhausting, but I treasure it as well. We goof off a LOT and are VERY competitive, with our games of choice being Phase 10 and that runaway train game (in English, we call it Mexican Train game, but my sweet cousin cannot remember the name). We form most of our catch phrases during this time (wow- I didn't know the iphone was so square), and I end up with some pretty great photobooks to show off our memories.

This year we celebrated a little early for two reason: 1. so that my amazing, smart, wonderful, and beautiful sister could be with all of us;  and 2. to have a major surprise party for my amazing, smart, wonderful, beautiful and wise mom! 

So, on Saturday (I'm so proud of myself for getting the photos together the very next day. unheard of in my life right now!), we journeyed to the French Quarter. Not an easy task for 11 people when the FQ is crowded as much as Disney World is on Christmas. So, here are my favorite moments from a trip to the Quarter. 

 Defeated, but not sad. They wanted to get beignets, but the line was around the building.

 Where else can you walk around the streets and get to have amazing live performances like in New Orleans? This city moves to the rhythm of its musicians.


 Lunch was at one of my favorite places in the Quarter- Oceana's. Everything has so much rich flavor with the perfect amount of spices. We sat in the courtyard, which was perfect so that we could be loud. Also, so that the kids could run off a little energy. Everything I've tried at this restaurant has been perfect- from the crawfish pies to st. james crepe to shrimp po-boys to salads.




 Me and some crazy guy. I don't know how he keeps showing up in my photos. LOL

 My sweet Iz! I want chairs like these so badly. I had a blast using them as a photo prop (see below)!
 Iz and MB (pronounced: MmmmBah)
 Els-belles
 I cannot wait for these to cuties to be grown up and talking about these special memories!
I hope y'all are thankful for family this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...